About Registration H-plate numberIn order to qualify for registration with H or 07 license plates, your vehicle's initial registration must have been at least 30 years ago. Alternatively, the year of manufacture can also serve as ... Show more
Registration H-plate number
How to register your vintage car as an automotive cultural asset
Both the H license plates and the red 07 plates provide the owners of vintage or classic cars with financial and legal advantages such as a lower tax rate or exemption from the environmental badge.
The following conditions apply to the historical number plate:
- Permissible operating license or individual operating permit according to §21 StVZO
- Vintage car appraisal according to §23 StVZO (Road Traffic Registration Regulation)
- Vehicle in good condition
- Vehicle unmodified or restored with OEM parts
- Modifications are possible if they are either usual for the model and time period or have been carried out within 10 years of the initial registration.
- In case you only use your car for vintage car events, you may benefit from the red 07 number plate because it can be used for several vehicles.
The conditions are:
- Proof that your vintage car is safe in traffic
- Appraisal according to §23 StVZO
- Declaration of consent from your vehicle registration office
You can find more information regarding vintage car registration on our blog.
Description of Registration H-plate numberIn order to qualify for registration with H or 07 license plates, your vehicle's initial registration must have been at least 30 years ago. Alternatively, the year of manufacture can also serve as an age verification.